Chippenham Triathlon Team
Chippenham Tri was set up by Chris Maxwell who is a British Triathlon Level 2 coach and UK Athletics Level 2 coach.
Chair and Coach
- Chris has experience of coaching triathletes at all levels including children, novices and experienced triathletes.
Chris has competed in triathlon for 15 years, including multiple Ironman over this time. He has represented Great Britain as an age grouper in the World Duathlon Championships 2011 and the 2015 World Triathlon Championships.
- I ran my first half marathon just after my 40th birthday, After a few years doing halves and 3 marathons, I did my first sprint Tri in 2016. I then started the coached swimming sessions & cycling more and in 2018 completed a standard and middle distance lake triathlon, with my first sea swim at the Gower sprint.
Lucy supports the smooth running of the club.
Claire is qualified Level 3 Personal Trainer, Level 3 Fitness Instructor, Level 3 Nutritional Advisor and Level 2 British Triathlon Coach.
Level 2 coach
- Running is her thing, particularly off road and competes at County level (Wiltshire) in both road and cross country races.
Claire is an experienced and successful runner and multi distance triathlete. finishing multiple Ironman races across the globe and also a Gold Medal winner at the British Triathlon National Sprint Relays in 2017.
Neil is a British Triathlon Level 2 coach and a UK Athletics assistant coach.
Level 2 Coach
- Neil started his running career in 2005, and has subsequently competed in triathlons and duathlons. He has coached Chippenham Harriers Adults and Youth members and started assisting the Triathlon Club and Tristars in 2015. Neil has been racing in triathlons since 2009 and has been competing at various distances up to Middle Distance/half-iron and is now offering his coaching and support back to the sport he enjoys.
Peter is a member of the coaching team and is a Level 1 triathlon coach.
Jason is assisting Chris with the clubs’ Tri-Stars group.
He is also a FA Level 1 football coach, currently coaching an U11 youth team.”
Fiona is a busy mother of 4 and professional painter/decorator by trade.
Club Social Secretary
- I’m not from a Triathlon background, but have always enjoyed running. I suffered from an knee injury, after running a half marathon in 2015. It was suggested I should try some cycling instead. I was hooked from the first metre. Next thing I know (glass of wine and easy internet access one evening) I had entered a Chilly Duathlon. I was hooked. Next thing I’m swimming! With the encouragement of the fantastic coaches, my first year of Triathlons has seen me compete at Westonbirt and Portishead.
Championship Race Coordinator
- After learning how to swim by watching a few YouTube videos, Mark completed his first triathlon in 2016 – the Cotswold 113 half-iron distance. His second year has seen him adopt a more sensible approach, completing a number of standard distance triathlons. His aim is to complete his first full Ironman when he turns 50!